Saturday, August 20, 2011

Phoenix update

8/2/11
Hell:
It is a good day when you don't burn yourself on your steering wheel.
It is a good day when you don't come home with a sunburn.
90% have been good days by this definition.

Typically the temps are bearable (go figure)...even with the stickiness of the monsoon season upon us. 100 degrees and rain. It is weird.

I/we drive a lot everyday. 10 miles just to go to the gym. It is a bit nuts, but also the only option, especially this time of year in the heat.

The drive down went smoothly, despite its craziness. 20 hours straight from Eugene. Departed 4:30am and arrived in PHX at 11:30pm. I know that is past my bedtime but I will attribute that to the terrible diesel flavored jumbo coffee I had at the CA/AZ border a 9pm.

Apartment is good. Wife is very good.
Vacation in Alaska next week will be FANTASTIC!

No comments:

Post a Comment