Sunday, October 2, 2011

Fall???

From what I hear Fall has settled into the Northwest. I am not sure that Arizona even knows what fall is. I guess fall down here is went swimming pool is refreshing when you jump in as opposed to feeling like bath water.

Temperatures here are still in the triple digits, although at least those triple digit days are beginning to be interspersed with temps in the high 90's.

I am starting to settle in a bit now. The mornings are cool enough to run outside. We can eat outside in the shade and actually go to the pool while the sun is up. I think Han-Mei got me hooked on trail running. I went again out to South Mountain and did about 4 or 5 miles, but I will admit it got rather hot toward the end and it was only 8 am!

Paid a little visit to Casa Grande (native american Runis) and the Phoenix botanical gardens as well with Han-Mei's parents last weekend when they were in town. It makes me want to check out a lot more of the old cliff dwellings and native sites while we are down here. I find that fact that people could live and prosper in this enviroment without the modern ammenities that we have today amazing.

Life as a contractor is not so bad either. This week alone we got free tickets to a Diamond Backs game, a Blink 182 concert and a Cardinals game. Work has definitely been getting busier. The weeks and hours are long, but at least they seem to go by faster as I am more engaged in the project and have a lot more to do.

I have two trips home scheduled for October, 1 for work and 1 for fun. Definitely looking forward to some good old Oregon fall weather! I even hope it rains!

No comments:

Post a Comment